Our client, a company that specialises in machined products in to the marine and industrial markets, are looking to recruit. With huge growth plans in both the physical size of the machine shop as well as a realistic focus on doubling their turnover in the next few years, they are looking to add a motivated production engineer to their team.
What will you be doing?
Ensuring the production environment is safe and that all employees are observing the Health and Safety regulations.
- Attending daily production meetings (TOC) and provide input and updates.
- Collating KPI’s for the weekly safety, quality, cost, delivery and continuous improvement meeting
- Supporting machine breakdowns and providing a structured approach and problem solving methodology.
- Measuring and recording machine breakdowns to determine root causes, corrective and preventative actions.
- Assisting with the training and development of operators on the shop floor.
- Carrying out short interval controls in the areas of possible concern or bottleneck.
- Supporting the introduction of OEE.
- Supporting continuous improvement activities through the use of modern manufacturing techniques across production planning, production, stores, tooling and maintenance.
- Supporting the development of a TPM culture
What are we asking for?
- First and foremost, a proactive attitude. The ability to see a problem and have the confidence and ability to come up with a solution.
- A thorough knowledge of the machine shop environment including potential issues that may happen, the demands and the machinery involved.
- Experience of working with Fanuc controls however we are preferably looking for someone with a programming background.
- Previous experience of being involved with machine set ups, timings, analysis of the machine capabilities and process improvements.
- Experience of working with continuous improvement.
- It is desirable that you have knowledge of TOC (theory of constraints)
- A great communicator – you are going to be speaking to a number of people on the shop floor and in senior level roles. You will need to be able to influence and educate.
To sum this up, we are looking to speak to engineers who don’t just like working in the machine shop but that are passionate about it. You will be the glue between the maintenance engineers, manufacturing engineer and the operations director (and beyond).
What can they offer:
- A salary that reflects your experience and dedication to the role as well as pension and competitive holiday.
- To be a part of an SME company with the backing of a global multinational organisation.
- Future progression with the development of the business.
If you are looking for a role to push yourself and make an impact from day one, you have found it.
If you would like to apply or would like further information, please email your CV or give us a call on 0113 863 1492.
1492 Ltd and its clients promote a policy of equal opportunities. Our policy is to treat job applicants and employees in the same way regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, colour or disability.
Keywords: Production engineer, manufacturing engineer, machining, machine shop, precision engineer, precision engineering